Loaded Veggie Pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 7 large mushroom caps, chopped
- 1 frozen bag of veggie spirals (carrot), left out at room temp for at least an hour
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium squash, sliced and quartered
- 2 Goya Sazon seasoning packets (orange packets)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
- 17.6 oz bag Capunti pasta (or whatever pasta you like/have on hand)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and saute’ for 5 minutes until onions begin to soften. Then, add in the broccoli, mushrooms and squash and saute’, mixing frequently for another 5 minutes. Add in the veggie spirals and mix for 5 minutes until softened and incorporated with other veggies. Add in minced garlic and saute’ for 2 more minutes.
Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
Add 2 packets of Sazon seasoning.
Add 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.
Add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Add 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Mix to incorporate and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add your cooked and strained pasta directly into your sauce/veggies. Mix to incorporate. Plate and then sprinkle with freshly chopped basil for garnish. Enjoy!